The return of the legendary Land Rover Defender
Stewart Auto Gallery welcomed the return of the iconic Land Rover Defender to the Jamaican roads with an epic virtual launch at its JLR Showroom earlier this week to hundreds of Land Rover’s loyal customers and aspirants.
The Land Rover Defender has always been a symbol of strength, and this brand new model boasts to be the toughest and most capable Land Rover vehicle yet. It combines a new body structure with all-new technologies and proven hardware to create a Defender that is fit for the 21st century. The new Defender is built for adventurous hearts and curious minds, for those who know the value of community and strive to make a difference.
Across seven decades of pioneering innovation, Land Rover vehicles have earned a unique place in the hearts of explorers, humanitarian agencies and adventurous families across the world. Proven in the harshest environments on earth, the new Defender maintains this bloodline.
Managing Director of Stewart Auto Gallery, Duncan Stewart, said, “With Jamaica’s beautiful terrain and the Defender’s distinctive design and durability, this vehicle was no doubt made for our land of wood and water. We’re very excited to be celebrating the return of this amazing, newly designed 4x4 to Jamaica, and we can’t wait to see how it stands out and performs on the road.”
SUMMARY OF KEY FEATURES:
• Expedition-ready: A maximum payload of up to 900kg, static roof load of up to 300kg, dynamic roof load of 168kg, towing capacity of 3,720kg and wading depth of up to 900mm combine to make New Defender the ultimate 4x4 for overland adventures.
• Intelligent off-road tech: Land Rover’s pioneering Terrain Response 2 technology moves the game on again with new Wade programme and off-road Configurable Terrain Response allowing experts and novices to optimise traction no matter the conditions.
• On-road comfort: New Defender is composed on any road surface with supreme comfort ensuring long journeys are covered with ease regardless of the conditions.
• Efficiency at its heart: Electrified powertrains introduced to Defender with advanced mild-hybrid and plug-in electric vehicle options, as well as powerful and efficient petrol and diesel engines.
• Performance and economy: Eu6d-Final and RDE2-compliant, new performance D300 delivers higher torque and superior fuel economy and emissions to previous diesels.
• Reductionist, purposeful interior: The functional, durable and flexible interior is unique with exposed structural elements and optional centre front jump seat – perfect for sharing adventures.