Chorizo Sausage Tacos
Did someone say Cinco de Mayo? That’s right, the popular Mexican holiday is just around the corner, giving us another excuse to whip up something delicious in the kitchen for our friends and family to enjoy. Plus, at Food we like to share and try new things, so here’s a recipe from renowned foodie Chantay Campbell Neil, aka Greedy Girl Cooks, who partnered with Caribbean Passion to put an easy chorizo twist on the taco.
Chorizo Tacos (serves two)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
• 3 chorizo sausage links
• ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1 whole sweet corn
• 6 soft taco shells
• ½ cup finely chopped onion
• ¼ cup cilantro leaves
For the sauce:
• ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
• 1 clove shredded garlic
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
• ½ teaspoon smoked paprika.
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• ½ teaspoon cumin
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 1 teaspoon honey
1. Mix together all the sauce ingredients and set aside in the refrigerator.
2. Remove the sausage from the casings and break them up into small pieces
3. Add the sausage to a hot pan and sauté until golden and slightly crispy.
4. Sprinkle the smoked paprika on the sausages and set aside.
5. Grill the corn on all sides until charred, hold the carrot upright and slice of all the kernels.
6. Tear some cilantro leaves and finely chop the onions.
7. Place the soft taco shells over direct flames to get a bit of char on the edges and small brown spot in the centre.
8. Assemble by filling each taco with chorizo, grilled corn, onions and cilantro.
9. Top with a few teaspoon of the garlic Greek yogurt sauce.