Traffic changes for Buju Banton concert
The police are advising that several traffic changes will be implemented to facilitate the staging of the Buju Banton Long Walk to Freedom concert on Saturday, March 16, at the National Stadium in St Andrew.
Before the event
* Mountain View/Deanery Road: This road will be closed to facilitate the easy movement of shuttle buses taking patrons from National Heroes Circle to the National Stadium.
* Mountain View Avenue/Arthur Wint Drive: Access will be limited to authorised patrons at this location, and shuttle buses will be allowed to exit.
* Stanton Terrace/Roosevelt: Persons going to the Bustamante Hospital for Children and residents will be able to access this location. Limited access will be granted to VVIPs and business operators.
* Latham Avenue/Old Hope Road: Persons visiting the Bustamante Hospital for Children and residents will be given access. However, Latham Avenue will be closed to the public.
* North Avenue/Old Hope Road: North Avenue will be closed to the general motoring public. Limited access will be granted to residents of Swallowfield.
* Tom Redcam Drive/Arthur Wint Drive: Persons going to the Bustamante Hospital for Children and residents will be given access. Shuttle buses and VIPs will also have limited access, but the area will be closed to the general motoring public.
Off-site parking area
* National Heroes Park: Three entrances to the park will be utilised. The eastern entry will admit VIPs, general-admission ticket holders and shuttle buses, while the northern and western entries will admit holders of grandstand and bleachers tickets.
* National Heroes Park: Shuttle buses transporting VIPs and general-admission ticket holders will travel northerly along Marescaux Road, Caledonia Avenue, and Camp Road, passing the JDF main gate ('Cotton Tree'), left in front of the Traffic Court, then left on Merriam Road, passing Duppy Gate, then left on to Deanery Road, left on to Mountain View Avenue, then left into Gate E9.
* National Heroes Park: Shuttle buses transporting holders of grandstand and bleachers tickets will travel northerly along Marescaux Road on to Caledonia Avenue, left on to Tom Redcam Drive, right on to Arthur Wint Drive, entering the stadium using Gate E1, where they will disembark. The shuttle bus will then exit using Gate E2.
NB: VVIPs and artistes: These patrons will drive to the National Stadium via the following route: Stanton Terrace via Roosevelt Avenue, left on to slip road, passing the ticket office, then entering the stadium using gates E4 and E5 to enter their parking areas.
No parking will be allowed along the following roads:
* Arthur Wint Drive
* Roosevelt Avenue
* Latham Avenue
* Stanton Terrace
* Mountain View Avenue
* Tom Redcam Drive
* Along the slip where the ticket office is located
After the event
Following the staging of the event, with the exception of Mountain View/Deanery Road and Tom Redcam/Arthur Wint drives, where shuttle buses will be operating, all closures will be removed to allow for a smooth egress.